Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer Fun Pictures

Here is a picture of the Gordon boys and the Burk boys playing Mario Cart on our Illinois trip. They had a lot of fun playing the Wii!



The kids have a lot of friends back in Illinois (and I guess I do too...) and we were very glad to take a trip up to visit friends in July. We miss all of you! Look at all the fun we are missing here in Kansas.





Jared and CJ had so much fun together! Such cute little boys... :)



This is Kaylee at the Dr.'s office right after they cut her cast off. She is showing us her small, tiny weak arm after it was taken off.


Jonah at the swimming pool!


Jared loved the water!


Luckily Kaylee's cast was waterproof so she didn't miss out on the fun!


This is Bret and Jared. They are second cousins and Bret just loved taking care of Jared during the 4th of July weekend. He never left Jared's side when we visited them in Iowa.


This is Kaylee and her second cousin Raina. Kaylee says Raina is her best friend. They played dress up the whole weekend and had a lot of fun!


Kaylee with a broken arm. I can't remember why she's all wet in her clothes. Oh, well.


Happy Birthday Jared! He turned 1 on June 9th. (obviously my pictures are in opposite order!


I'm not a big cake decorator, but I managed to make this 1 on the cake. :) I bet if I planned it more in advance I could get fancier!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

You got some great pictures of the kids, we loved having you here! Tons of fun! So, have your kids started school yet?

Katy said...

It looks like you have had so much fun this summer! Glad Kaylie got her cast off. I thought...wow, the Burks have been married 9 years...that's crazy! It has to be true, because we are coming up on 5 years. Time sure has flown since our University Village days. :) As for the chiropractor, I have heard that, but being so medical I think mentally that would be hard for me to try. :) The rule for tubes (or the chiropractor) is 3 ear infections in 6 months or 4 in 12 months...sounds like he would qualify then. I don't know if your other kids have had ear infections too, but my biggest regret with Senn was letting it drag on for so long. She had had 3 in a 6 month period then got the really bad one we couldn't clear up. It got to the point that her tonsils were infected too and we couldn't' clear those either. She was a living veggie. She just wanted to watch movies all day and was so whiny. She was MISERABLE! I won't let Gavin get to that point! Just food for thought. If he has had one in the summer, he's bound to have a miserable winter. The shape of the ear canal is actually genetic and those with more horizontal canals will usually get ear infections whenever there is a build up of fluids (ie-a cold or cutting teeth). Good luck with your decision. We need to call the ENT back b/c the billing lady was out of town. If it's cheap, we're gonna do it for him! :) Anyway...hope you enjoy the novel of a comment I just left. :)

Kristen said...

Hey Dena :) Looks like an eventful and fun summer (minus the broken arm though)! We had fun seeing you guys. I love the picture of Jared and CJ - so cute!

Tia said...

Very cute pictures. Jared's getting bigger. I like the cake.