Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The End of Summer!

We had a great summer. Two weeks ago we took the kids to the St. Louis Children's Museum and to the St. Louis Zoo for a back to school party. Yes, we decided to send them to school a few days before school started. I was never 100% sure I should keep them home, but I was definitely sure I needed to teach them at home, so we compromised. I will have them keep a "treasure book" (basically an illustrated journal to help with their writing like they did in Kansas) every day after school for homework. We will also start a math program when things calm down. And we will do a science unit during the summer.

Oh, and Matt signed up to be a soccer coach! He's never done it before but he used to play up until he was in High School and in college our first semester he was on an inter mural team. James and Jonah I think are both on his team.

I'll post pictures of our fun weekend soon! And let me just put in a plug for Mockingjay while I'm at it. Sadder than what I expected, but at least it's all over and done with! It's quite emotional.

2 comments:

trevandcherribrooks said...

I'll be getting my book soon! We're looking forward to pictures.

Kelli said...

You've read it already? I guess I am not really all that surprised. :) Good luck with the school year!