I'm writing this post because I need some moral support! We are having another baby. Burk Baby #6. I really never wanted 6 kids and didn't want another baby, and we by all means did not plan on having another one. I had just gone to the doctor for a checkup and she assured me everything was fine and we were not going to get pregnant and she expressed her happiness that I was losing weight and inches and I would be off my blood pressure medicine if I kept it up (I've been on medicine for blood pressure since my pregnancy with Jayce made it go high and my doctor wanted to make sure I lowered it really low before she took me off to be conservative). Matt and I discussed permanent forms of birth control and had decided that we would look into it in the next few weeks since we were done having kids. And then two weeks after all of this decision making but before we could act on it I find out I am pregnant.
My kids are thrilled. Matt is happy. My family thinks it's wonderful. I am not thrilled, amused, or happy. I just don't feel like I can do this again. And I know I should be grateful for the chance to have kids since many people I know can't have kids on their own, but that doesn't mean I want to have kids for the rest of my life! Now we need a bigger van and I have to find sleeping room for this new baby that will grow up all too soon.
Friday, June 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is hard. We'll pray for you! Maybe you'll get another girl this time ;)
Dena, if there is anyone I know that can do this, it'd be you. Hang in there. I believe in you, gal!
I hope your pregnancy has been going well! Kids are amazing but they are so much work! I like to think about how I will have so much fun visiting them all when they are grown up :) Big families are a challenge but also a great blessing. I can't imagine growing old without kids and grandkids. You will definitely be blessed. I am excited for you to have another girl :) Good luck! Let me know if you need anything - I am only a few hours away after all. We should get together!
Dena, how are you doing?? I hope the pregnancy is going well. When are you do? I've got baby number six coming around April 10. Anyways, I'm thinking of you and hope you are able to cope with it all. Hugs!
Post a Comment