Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Webcam!

So we tried out our webcams for the first time today while Matt is in Iowa for a few days on a business trip. It was pretty fun talking to Matt before he went and ate dinner. Has anyone else used a webcam to talk to and see people before or am I just behind on technology? We just figured since Matt's new position requires him to be gone for 6 days a month we might as well try it out. I know 6 days doesn't sound like a lot, but it is about 1/2 a week during 2 weeks of the month, and when I'm home with 4 kids it seems like a lot! If you haven't tried it and your spouse travels a lot you might want to try it out! So far I don't now how private they are. Does anyone know? I've set it so no one else can view it but Matt but how do I know that is what is really happening? I'm not sure if I trust it completely. Should I? Like I said, we are 100% new to webcams!

P.S. How is the world do I add a picture to the header? I have tried and the picture shows up in the settings where you edit, but in the actual blog there is nothing there!!! Any advice?

2 comments:

Us, the Gilson's said...

I wish I knew, but when you find out, drop me a line and let me know, too, eh?!
Webcams can be a great tool! Dane and I have used ours quite a bit. It was especially wonderful to see him when we were away from eachother for a month or so.
--jenn

Katy said...

We have a web cam...but only use it with one friend. I'll ask Mark about your questions and try to get back with you...he would know. Cute digi scrapbooking on the b-days!!!