Monday, February 2, 2009

Need a Book for Book Club?


Alright, so I've never actually read this book yet, but I was in the same town that it happened and I know the characters. It is a true story of a boy my age who drowned in a lake my friend lived at. The doctors were able to bring him back to life, but his brain was damaged. They told the family he'd be a vegetable forever, but the family prayed and the whole town helped out. I don't think he's fully normal, but he can walk and talk and he is progressing. This happened 10 years ago. I am not sure what religion they are, but I am guessing Baptist since that was the religion in Marshall, TX (where I'm from). This book is Jeanne Damoff's story about her son and how God helped her family.

She coreographed some choir music my senior year for our trip to DC and she did the same for our trip to NYC my sophomore year before this happened to her son. Her daughter was in my Alto section when I was Section Leader. If you read it let me know! The Amazon link is here.

2 comments:

Jason Both said...

Ya, so I wanted more room in the posting area to post bigger pictures with. The standard blogger templates don't give you very much room. There are some things I like better from my old template, but I do like having more room to post. I think my blog is a bit of a mess right now, but it'll get there eventually.
Anyway, Jessica Speed showed me the site with a new template on it. You go to: http://hugephotoblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-to-get-big-huge-photo-blog-for.html
and then you follow the instructions for the two column template. It has you playing around with the html code that you can change when you're editing your blog in the layout thing or something. If you look it's easy to find. I swore I would never get into code, but I find myself playing around with it more and more as I'm slowly picking some of it up. Anyway, once you figure it out it's pretty easy. I still wanted the cute background, but the posting area was still coming up white for me. It looked ok, but I wanted it to be transparent. Jason helped me find what I needed to change in the coding to make it transparent. I love that my husband can figure out that stuff.
I don't know what kind of computer screen you have, but we have a wide screen. I like some of the cute backgrounds from Allie Brown, but they turn out square on my computer. There's a couple tricks to making it look ok. I saved it onto my computer, and then sent to to photobucket. I am paying for a three month membership to be able to try out more options right now. I'm not going to spend any more money on it, but I wanted to try the extended membership out. I uploaded the background under the highest resolution (think it was 2 or 5 megapixles, and then I followed her instructions to change some of the coding. Then I just simply added the link into the coding where it told me to.

Now for the simplest thing...Adding the picture up top was way easy. I think it's when you're in layout (the place you access your sidebar stuff), you just click on the header. There's a couple options to post a picture instead of the title, or post the picture behind the title. I checked the one to post behind the title, and then I just uploaded the picture. Now the picture turned out huge in my new wide layout. I cropped the picture to like 4x10 or 5x10, and it made it more rectangle when I uploaded it. I didn't have to do anything else.
So there's most of what I've done. It's just taken a lot of playing around with over the last few months. I get my boppy pillow, and I play on the computer while I nurse Eiley. That means I'm on like 10 times a day. She's way into nursing. Anyway, I hope that sort of helps. It probably just confused you, but that's what I did. Tell me if you need anymore help.

Tia said...

I remember you telling me about that guy who drowned. that's sad. I didn't know they wrote a book about it.