Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy V-Day weekend!

We had such a fun weekend! Friday night our ward did a chocolate progressive "dinner" where the three different houses had different chocolate desserts to eat. The first house had a delicious chocolate shake and chocolate covered pretzels and little chocolate accents like that. The second house had hot chocolate, a rich chocolate cake with chocolate whipped cream and pudding, and let me tell you, it was a lot of chocolate! The third house thankfully had fruit you could dip in a chocolate fondue. That was really tasty! It was fun to get to know other couples in the ward. I think I'm getting used to the ward now. It was great having the kids at home with a babysitter. We stayed out till 10:00! That's pretty late for us..haha.

Saturday we thought we'd try out our fireplace so we bought a log and lit it. It was a lot of fun and very beautiful. Luckily I had a few marshmallows so we roasted them! That was a favorite with the kids! That afternoon we discovered the dog park so we picked up Cinnamon and took her there. It is a fenced in park with a lot of room (probably a few acres) where the dogs can just run around and play with each other. The kids and our dog had a blast there!

I know...I should have taken pictures. I couldn't find the camera but then I found it this morning above the fireplace on the mantle. I can't seem to remember where I put it!

So overall, our weekend was pretty great! Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Katy said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! What a cute idea (for the chocolate dinner). You must have an open fireplace then...?

Lynae said...

I love your blog, Dena! Glad you guys were able to have such a fun weekend!

Lynae

Kelli said...

I like your picture at the top! It looks very nice! Sounds like a fun weekend! A chocolate progressive dinner, I could handle that!

Natalie said...

What a fun night! Chocolate fondue? YUM!!!

Katie said...

I'm not going to lie when I say that I miss that ward!! Glad that you guys are having a great time there!

Tia said...

Man, that chocolate thing sounds like so much fun! What a great idea!