Friday, February 6, 2009

Outside work

So, I decided to rake the backyard flower garden yesterday since it was such a beautiful day! I need to get outside again and finish it because it's around 70 today! (Did I mention how much I LOVE Kansas winters so far?) I discovered some walking stones and some rocks I never knew were there. It was just a mess of leaves and weeds before so I never knew what was in there. I have my work cut out to make the rest of our backyard useable. I took some pictures of the decent parts of the yard, but you'd have to see it to believe it. It's like a jungle in my backyard! I absolutely love the potential it has, though. Our yard backs a creek so there is almost a forest next to our normal yard that is still our property I believe. It has not been taken care of, though. There are dead branches and leaves and weeds everywhere! Oh, but we did discover about 4 peach trees! How cool is that!?!



I think Jared is getting too big for the sink baths!


Kaylee and Jared were playing together until I pulled the camera out!


Jared was crying but he managed to get a somewhat happy face for the camera.




This is our house from the backyard.




View of the garden.



View of the creek in the backyard.



More backyard.


This is the flower garden I uncovered!

7 comments:

Katy said...

that's fun that it has so much potential. Love the sink bath picture. :)

Kelli said...

I miss Jared!!! Those eyes!
Your yard looks like it will be wonderful! Just wait until Spring when things start to come up and you can discover what plants you have growing there! Did I mention that I am jealous of your weather?!!
Wish I could come and hang out! Miss you!

Tia said...

cute pics of Jared! He's getting so big! Just make sure the kids don't fall in the creek. Otherwise, it's kinda cool to have one.

Jason Both said...

nice yard. cute background too.

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of the kids. Jared is so cute!!

By the way, this is Cara. I don't know why my name doesn't show up.

Kristen said...

Wow - what a great yard! It looks like you will be having some fun gardening coming up :) I am so jealous of 70 degrees! I thought we were doing good with 50 degrees today (after our weeks and weeks of negative temps! - I DON"T love IL winters!) I had no clue it was so much nicer there! Your kids look so cute :) Jared is getting so big!

Katie said...

I SO miss the Kansas winters too!! That is great that you have such a BIG backyard!
Jared is getting so big and is SUCH a doll!