I took Jared to the Urgent Care Saturday morning because he had been having a cold and he developed a wet cough and I could tell he was having a difficult time breathing. To make a long story short, an ambulance took Jared and I to the Children's hospital in Overland Park and we were there until Sunday morning. We got home around 10:00 a.m. He was diagnosed with RSV and an ear infection. The doctor at the hospital said that the urgent care doctor must not have been that familiar with RSV because she said Jared didn't have it very bad and she didn't know for sure if she would have admitted him if she would have seen him in the urgent care. She then said she'd check early Sunday to see how he was and to let us go home. So sure enough, she came around 8:30 on Sunday morning and let us leave. Jared was so cute sitting in the crib and playing with toys at the hospital. He actually felt pretty good after they sucked his nose and lungs out and gave him some tylenol for his ear. He didn't need anything else done to him the whole time we were there. All the nurses loved talking to him because he didn't act that sick and you could make him smile and he looked pretty healthy compared to the other babies there.
I could just kick myself for forgetting my phone has a camera on it! I really wanted to take a picture of him in the ambulance (the doctor insisted we ride it when I kept telling him I would go on my own to the hospital...I'm not sure if he believed me or what but he pretty much forced us on the ambulance) and I really wanted pictures of him in the hospital. He was such a good baby and didn't cry hardly at all the whole time.
He still has a cough and a cold and runny nose, but he can breathe better now. I hope he gets all the way better fast!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Poor Jared, and poor Mom. I am glad it you are home and doing alright! What an adventure!
Sad, sad, story! I'm so sorry to hear that! Sick kids are TOUGH! Hopefully he'll continue to do well!
Poor baby!! Glad that things are going better..and I hope that he gets ALL BETTER soon!
Wow - scary! I am glad that Jared is alright though! I hope he gets better soon.
Sorry about Jared. Poor baby. I'm sorry that first doctor over reacted too. That's always kind of frustrating.
Anyway, when I changed the template, I just copied the code, went in and earased the original html coding in my blog, and pasted the new code in it's place. Then I previewed it to see if it would work before I saved it. The coding is pretty long, so make sure you copy it all. That's what I did, so hopfully it helps. I didn't have any problems with it. If you need any more help just let me know.
Post a Comment