Matt's Birthday!
Matt's birthday was on Wednesday. I tried to get a babysitter so we could go out to eat but it was Wednesday so everyone was busy! So we fed the kids hot dogs before we left and went to On The Border and they snacked on chips. James told the waiter it was his Dad's birthday (I had told James what they would do if he told the waiter...) so the waiters came and sang to Matt and gave us sopapillas and honey! It was great! Then we came home and had the Baked Alaska I made. It melted in the oven when I was baking the meringue a little, but it was still good! It had a brownie bottom, an ice cream layer, a fudge sauce and homemade chocolate chip cookie layer, another layer of cookie dough ice cream, and then meringue. Let me tell you, it was rich! So Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband!

Matt and the boys at On The Border

Dena at the restaurant.

Look at all the candles!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Matt!! Glad that you had a great day! (Isn't On the Border divine?! Love it! )
I thought the cake would be taller than that with all those layers. It sounds like it was really good, though! I've never heard of On the Border. I guess it's like El Chicos.
Post a Comment