Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baseball!

So today was the first official practice of baseball season for James and Jonah. They had a meeting on Saturday to meet their coach and the kids tossed the ball to each other, but I think I will consider this one the first official practice since they didn't do much on Saturday. Their team is called the Scorpions. The team made up their own name. This is James and Jonah's first year out of t-ball so I am not sure how much they will enjoy it. They are starting a month earlier than they did for t-ball and the coach wants them to practice 1 1/2 hours on Wednesdays and 2 hours on Saturdays until the games start at the end of May or beginning of June. Then they will have two games a week until the 4th of July week and then they are done.

I'm worried they might get discouraged if they don't make it to the base or if they can't field that well. In t-ball it didn't matter but this is baseball now and they will get the outs called. So I am wondering if this might be one or both of their last years of baseball. This is James' 3rd year and Jonah's 2nd. If they still want to play next year I'll let them. They both want to check out soccer in the Fall so if they like that a whole lot more they might just do that instead. I will let them decide.

The boys invited the neighbor girls to play in the backyard today after school (it was a beautiful day!) and I saw them chasing a bunny in the backyard. They showed me a freshly dug bunny hole right next to my designated garden so I am not looking forward to that! That is the second bunny hole the kids have found in the backyard, not to mention the occasional deer that visit our backyard as well. (we've seen them!! Right in our yard!) I think we might need to plant a garden in a week or two if the weather cooperates!

Yes, this post is just a bunch of blabbering. Sometimes I need to just blabber. :)

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Bummer about the bunny hole! Just try some chicken wire or something, maybe it will help! I am jealous of your weather! I am still searching for Spring, but it is slow in showing it's face around here.
Glad to hear you liked Rebecca, and I am glad you were surprised by the end, it takes all the fun out of it if you know about the true Rebecca...

Katy said...

So cute for their t-ball and baseball. I hope it works out. My in-laws had a bunny in their garden last year and tried everything! They even set up fake snakes and an owl to try to scare it off. Good luck with that! :)

Katie said...

Blabbering is a good thing!! :) Anyway, I hope that baseball works out for the boys...even if it's not something they continue to do in the future, they at least tried it and they are still young enough to try something else!

Jessica Speed said...

So how are you going to prevent the bunny from eating your garden?

Jason Both said...

I love that the kids can get out and play sports. Do you think they'd like soccar better than baseball?