Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snowman, Why so Blue?


Here it is nearly April and the weather thinks it is the middle of winter. We have had icicles on the trees this morning and the freezing rain then turned to a lot of snow and in just a few hours we had a lot of snow on the ground! James and Jonah decided to go out and play in it.


Just look at those branches!
Here is a picture of them after the snowman they built.
Amazingly, their snowman turned blue and green! Who would have known it would do that? Maybe it was just too cold.
What a beautiful man! :)

11 comments:

Tia said...

How'd you get the snowman blue? That's cool! It's so funny that it's snowing there now. The day I got back here from your place it was short sleeve weather and I actually didn't wear a jacket for a while that day. Now it's really cold and snowy.
I like your background.

Joy Carlton said...

That is a cool snowman that they made. I like how it looks blue and green. It doesn't look like any snowman I have ever seen.

Dena said...

Well, I hate to tell you how we did it but it was pretty easy. I got a spray bottle and put water in it and food coloring and James sprayed away! When he ran out of blue he asked for green. :)

Tia said...

That is such a cool idea! I thought you used kool-aid! They did an awesome job!
*Check my blog about the mushrooms. I answered you back. Well, in a couple seconds.

Tia said...

Yeah, i told Todd to comment a few days ago but he just hasn't. I'll tell him again. But he never checks his email, either.
I actually kinda like blogging over facebook now!

Katy said...

Echo of everybody's questions...what a fun idea! We just got a few inches today...so maybe I'll send Mark and Senn out tomorrow. :)

Kelli said...

Love the snowman! We got a dusting here yesterday, even the kids weren't excited, we are all ready for Spring!

Kristen said...

Love the snowman!!!! We will have to try that (hopefully NEXT year!) I concur with Kelli - we got snow and nobody liked it! It did melt by the afternoon though - hopefully that was the last of it for the year. I remember my first year out of college though, we were driving from UT to IL at the end of the semester (end of April) and we got stuck by a huge snow storm. Hopefully that won't happen this year though. I am SO ready for spring!

Natalie said...

What a creative idea!

Robbins Family said...

Your family is so cute- I can't believe how big your kids are. :)

Jessica Speed said...

Awesome snowman! The colors are beautiful!