Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Real Interview!

So Matt applied to a job 2 weeks ago in a tiny town in Southern Illinois. There are only tiny towns around it for miles and miles...

Last Tuesday he had a phone interview. He didn't think it went that well because I had the stomach flu and couldn't help the kids get ready for school so he did it and his interview was at 8:00 in the morning...right after the bus left. So he felt flustered for it. So then last Friday afternoon they called and wanted a second phone interview for Monday (yesterday). He had that interview at 11:00 yesterday morning and Matt still didn't think it went that well. He didn't use any achievement statements that the LDS Regional Unemployment Office had just taught him how to do so he was a little disappointed with himself for the conversation not leading up to a point to incorporate it in.

So then less than 3 hours later they called back again and gave us the news...they want to interview Matt in person today! So he is currently driving the 7 hours there since there is not an airport nearby and it would have taken just as long to fly there and then drive a few hours as it would to just drive himself. They said they've had that happen before...that's how small and nowhere it is.

So really we don't have a clue what this might mean. Well, we do have a clue but it is a 50/50 chance either way. We had a good laugh last night as we were going to bed at how incredibly small and in the middle of nowhere this area is and the possibility of moving there. If this happens I think we will sit down and have another laugh.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Yeah! I hope the interview goes well. Keep us posted! How far is this middle of nowhere place from us?

Dena said...

Kelli, according to mapquest, this town is 4 hours 13 minutes south from Shorewood, so relatively close!

Rachel said...

I hope it goes well!!!

Katy said...

YEAH, YEAh, YEAH!!! I'm so glad that he has such a good lead. I hope it goes well for him. Keep us posted!

Kristen said...

Oh - good luck! I hope all goes well! Keep us posted!

trevandcherribrooks said...

Good news! Hope it turns out well!
Cherri