

One of my college neighbors, Heather, wrote on her blog close to 1 1/2 years ago about Knock-Off Wood, a blog that taught you how to build furniture all by yourself. It was just a little blog and was just starting out. I instantly clicked the link and fell in love. I wanted to go right to the store that day and buy some wood, but then Matt lost his job and we couldn't. All during those months of unemployment I'd watch Ana's blog daily and it kept growing and growing and she kept adding plans that I wanted to make! I'd show Matt and we'd have a list of things we wanted to make later.So finally, we were able to build something after more than a year of stalking her site! You can find Ana White here at her own site now since she outgrew her blog. The plan we made is here, the Lego table.
We plan on putting Lincoln logs and Legos in the two dividers like she did. I have the Lego baseplate ordered and it should be here today or tomorrow! I should have waited to blog about it once I had all the toys in since it's still in the garage right now, but I couldn't wait! From the little picture blogger puts on it you can hardly see the screw holes I puttied with wood putty. Next time I will use my nail gun. We started building when the stores were closed and couldn't buy the correct size nails or else you wouldn't see a thing. Impatience does not pay off!
We learned so much from doing this and we are excited to build more! I am dying to build this entertainment center, but we are taking baby steps.


So what do you think?

6 comments:
Wow! I am so proud of you guys! That makes me want to find something to build! It looks awesome!
Wow! That looks great! How long did it take? Was it harder/easier than you thought? You'll have to post the final pics when you get everything in it.
Love it!! We have talked about her site - and your table looks professional!! Way to be!!
Great job! My dad says he likes to stain things first, then put in wood filler that matches the stain. Then, he puts more stain over the wood filler to make it match. He's a wood worker and I get lots of tips from him ;)
It looks great! Way to go!!!
Good job Dena! I love Knock-Off Wood too! I made the play sink for my girls last Christmas and I plan to make the stove and fridge too. Someday I would love to make the patio furniture!
Post a Comment