Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We're Moving!


Well, remember how I wrote how we were buying a house and it turned out we didn't? Yeah, that wasn't fun. Matt and I were driving home from the temple during my birthday weekend and we both had an uneasy feeling about that house. Now that we have made an offer on another home and gotten farther in the loan process I can definitely say that other house would have appraised at below what we were getting it for and we would have had to pay a lot more $$ at closing. It would have been a nightmare, not to mention there was no space to expand with that home.

And then we found this two story white house. It is on 2/3 of an acre inside the city limits. In the boundaries of a ward. And only a 20 minute drive to work! Downside is the schools are even worse than in our current town, so we are planning how to educate our kids without pulling them from school. James likes the socialization and Kaylee wants to go to kindergarten and if I tell her she can't go I know I will only get tears and she won't learn a thing from me. Our branch was saddened on Sunday when we told them we were leaving. We disrupted church for 10 whole minutes during Sunday School (Matt's the teacher and he announced it in his lesson..haha) and everyone was sad but supportive. The branch here is really great and we will miss everyone.
It has a great updated kitchen. All the appliances are staying. it is a little small, but for houses around here it is really nice. That is the only dining spot in the back, but we had a formal dining area in Kansas and only used it for Thanksgiving!
The house has all hardwood floors and stone in the kitchen and bathrooms.

The backyard is really big! Cinnamon will be a happy dog! We plan on adding a garage and some other rooms to it in a couple years. We might move in as soon as 1 1/2 weeks!

6 comments:

Lynae said...

Love it!!! That's so exciting. Congrats!!!

Kelli said...

It looks wonderful! That is very exciting!

Liz said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! And the home looks beautiful!

Natalie said...

It looks great! I'm so happy for you guys!

Katie said...

it looks great! so excited for you guys!

Melanie Burk said...

congratulations!!! That is awesome!!