
We (meaning Matt) built this table last weekend from Ana White's website. Matt cut the boards and we used our nail gun to put it together. I did nail a few boards in place. That was pretty fun using a power tool. I decided to let the kids prime the table, so we found large shirts and brushes for everyone. Wow, were they excited to help paint!


Here's the crew outside almost done in the 105 degree heat. It was so hot my can of primer was starting to get a little gloppy and thick.

All primed! My nice little children rinsed their brushes off and then flicked the brushes all over our wood deck. The deck now is freckled. I'm not quite sure what to do about that yet!

This is a nice red "oops" paint from Lowes that was only $5! It's slightly strawberry in color.

I decided to use an antiquing glaze to give it some character. I think it turned out great! And now it's all ready for my sunflower space.


5 comments:
That's a very nice table! I like the color. I bet the kids had a great time painting it.
Looks great!
That is awesome! It looks so cute... the picture you took would fit right in a Thimbleberries quilt book!
Great job! It turned out cute. Wow, so your having baby number 5 as well and were both due January. That's great. Congrats on having another boy!
Like the table - I just built Ana White's farmhouse/simple table since the 7 of us were feeling a bit cramped around our old dining table. I should post a photo someplace. Good to peek into your lives. -Josh
Post a Comment