
We went to Holiday World two weekends ago and it was awesome! It is an amusement park and water park. I unfortunately didn't take any pictures because 1. It was unbearably HOT and 2. Matt had the camera while Jared and Kaylee were riding rides without me and I could have taken their pictures and 3. I just forgot to with all the excitement.
Jared loved the log ride. He loved everything and was laughing the whole day! Kaylee was scared of the log ride. I took them on a tube ride and they really liked that. Matt and James and Jonah rode 2 of the roller coasters. The first one they liked okay but the second was too much for James and Jonah. Then they tried out some of the scarier water rides that Kaylee and Jared couldn't go on, so I took them to the kiddie slides and wave pool and lazy river. We had so much fun! Like I said, it was pretty much around 100 degrees (or more with the heat index) so we tried to drink a lot.
The downside of this was late that night (around 3:o0 a.m.) Jared comes into our room burning up. We think he has heat exhaustion or stroke being we were outside all day and he was looking pretty bad by the end of the night, so Matt took him to the ER. It turns out he just had a virus that hit him. So then two days later Kaylee gets it. And now a week later James has it. So for the past 2 weeks we've had to stay inside and I've had to take care of 102 degree fevers and horrible sore throats. Let me tell you, I'm ready to hit the pool and relax. James feels better today so we'll see if he's up to it. There's only about 3 weeks until school starts and I feel like summer has just gone by without us. We still want to pack in a camping trip with the kids.

2 comments:
Holiday World sounds like fun - especially if you all enjoyed it in the weather we have been having! Chris has actually mentioned Holiday World to me before as his family went there a few times when he was growing up. Sorry to hear about the sicknesses though. Hopefully it is all over and you can enjoy the rest of the year germ free :) Especially with a new baby on the way!
Sounds like tons of fun! I love summer, it is so nice to be able to play and not have homework! :)
Post a Comment