Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What would you do?

Today was story time at the library and one of the little girls Kaylee likes has a mom who opened her binder and I saw choir music in it. After I saw it I asked her if she was in a choir and she said she was part of the Festival Singers in Kansas City. We talked about our past backgrounds with choir and she gave me a website and told me I should definitely audition for the choir. For those of you who don't know, I was in choir in H.S. and Jr. High in Texas and was pretty successful and I enjoyed it immensely.

I checked out the website and if you made it past the auditions there are weekly practices from 7-9:30 on Tuesdays (with babysitting you can pay for) and there are performances every few months on Sunday afternoon/evenings. I think there were a few Saturday rehearsals and performances as well. Once a year they take a tour for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and perform in Michigan, Iowa, and possibly Illinios? I don't remember exactly which 3 states it was.

I would totally LOVE to do it but I'm thinking...that is a lot of time away from home and is that selfish on my part? Should I actually pursue this or let it go by? The thing is-I could most likely with my background- make the auditions. And then what? Would I really want to do it once I got into it? I just love the feeling of voices all around me in a very good choir. There's nothing else like it.

*sigh* More than likely I won't do it, but what would you do?

3 comments:

Lynae said...

Go for it Dena!!!

Tia said...

I think you should do it. It's only an hour and a half a week and everything else is dispersed in months. Maybe you could drop out of it if it feels like too much. But if you love it so much, I'd audition.

Katie said...

Do it! It's not that much time away AND as a mom, you need that extra time for yourself.