Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Goodbye Cookie

We finally returned our terrier dog Cookie to the place we adopted him from. It was just not working out. He would bark all the time unless he was loose in the house. And if he was loose in the house how he wanted to be he'd run around and find toys and chew them up. When we thought he was resting behind the sofa he was really eating a hole in our carpet that we will need to get replaced. When he was outside he'd bark at anything and everything all day to the point our neighbors called us to tell them he was too loud! He barked at 4 in the morning if he didn't want to sleep anymore and wanted to play. All in all, he was a high maintenance dog and at this stage in our lives we couldn't give him the attention he needed. He was so hyper the kids were getting tired of playing with him so they decided they'd quit playing with him all together, which didn't help him out either. And finally, Cookie likes to chew anything...including our Golden Retriever's legs! I'm serious...our other dog spent probably a month limping around due to the gnawing on her legs. So we just had to give our little dog back. He was so cute and sweet sometimes that it was really hard. You can see from the pictures he's a really cute dog!




Cookie when we first brought him home in March.




Kaylee really loved Cookie. We took him to a t-ball game and he was great! All the little t-ball
players petted him. He craved attention!



A shot of our two dogs when they were not fighting with each other. Occasionally they got along great!

Goodbye Cookie..Matt and I will miss you even though you were such a handful! I hope you get adopted to a nice family and have plenty of room to run around!

2 comments:

Katy said...

I saw you left a comment for Dan & Katie...and that reminded me I never checked out your blog! All I can say is I'm pregnant & spacey...:) It's fun to see how big your boys are. I can hardly believe it! Sorry to hear about the dog...hopefully the kids will understand!

Katie said...

Sorry about Cookie and hopefully he'll go to a great home!