Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thank You Mr. Clean!

I have been trying to get our house ready for the market so I thought it a good idea to get the crayon and pen marks off the walls. Seriously, why do kids have to draw on the walls?!? I got out the trusty Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and was amazed as usual at it's thoroughness! I have to admit it did tend to take a little paint off the walls with it, but I didn't think it was that noticeable.

I hate to think what the eraser is made out of, though. Lately I have been a little bit health conscious and have been making my own window cleaner and wall cleaner. I also talked Matt into buying natural toothpaste and shampoo and soap because, well, do you know how bad those things are for you? I hadn't realized it before until the dentist told me all my kids had canker sores in their mouths and he thinks a natural toothpaste would help without all the sodium lauryl sulfate. Well, that stuff is in shampoo and body wash, etc and it is caustic. I guess not too badly since the FDA approves it, but I am beginning to believe the FDA aren't the good guys anymore.

Everyone here has a cold, even Jared. It makes packing up the clutter really difficult because I have to stop every 10 minutes or so and hold Jared so he's not screaming all day. He's usually so good so I know something isn't right with him when he cries this easily. I will be happy when he feels better again!

3 comments:

Mike Kingsley said...

Well I think "generally" the FDA is trying to protect people. Could be that it is usually fine for people and some just have allergies to it. But natural certainly is a nice way to go and we do it as much as possible.

We love the Tom's kids toothpaste for Mari.

Katy said...

I'm sorry that everybody is sick...hang in there!!!

Katie said...

Good luck packing everything!! STRESS CITY!