Friday, September 12, 2008

Kansas Here We Come!

So here's the story on our transfer to Kansas...and before some of you shoot me for not telling you in person I will see you tonight at the Primary Party so you can yell at me there... :)

The company wants him to start in October and have laid to rest any relocation fears that Matt and I have been worrying about.

Oh, for those of you who don't know, Matt is being promoted in the company he works for-Oldcastle. You can check out myoldcastle.com to see what they sell and where you can buy their stuff. Matt works in the Safety area.

We will be moving to the Kansas City area and I'm thinking that Overland Park looks like a pretty neat place to live. However, I am afraid that after living in our little town of 2,000 people (even my neighbor whose older son I teach piano to was in storytime with Kaylee...it is a small town!) that we will be a bit overwhelmed with a town around 100,000! We don't have a chain store closer than 25 minutes away so this will be interesting.

(Kelli, please don't release me yet..I like primary!) Oh, speaking on that, the kids and I will be here until our house sells, so even if Matt leaves in a few weeks I will be here..alone..with 4 kids and a dog...trying to keep the house clean in case someone wants to view it....I can just picture how much fun I will have especially as all the holidays start coming...

4 comments:

Katy said...

Wow! That's exciting that it's so close...good luck. I hope your house sells fast! I would totally recommend The Host, but not if you are trying to keep the house clean. ;)

Natalie said...

Congrats you guys! That is so exciting! In answer to your question....yes I have seen Wicked....twice in L.A. and I absolutely loved it!!!!! Even more than Phantom or Les Mis. It is coming to Salt Lake next year and I really want to go again. Good luck with the moving and selling of your house. (p.s. I enjoyed reading the Host and would recommend it too, but it is addicting). :o)

Kelli said...

I am excited that things have worked out for you guys, but I am very sad for me! As much as I would like you to be around for longer, I hope for your sake that the house sells fast!

Katie said...

you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE OP!! Like I said in my email, I wish that we could have stayed there longer! Olathe is pretty nice too, but it depends on where you live. Let us know if you need any help with the best locations! Gooooooddddd luck!